Google Analytics Pageviews Wordpress Plugin
This Wordpress plugin lets you choose a number of Google Analytics profiles, and shows a badge with the total number of pageviews for the selected profiles since a specified date. You can fully customize the title and content of the badge widget using HTML. It’ll look something like this:
This is the first version of my first Wordpress plugin, so please be patient with me. If you have any problems or suggestions, please post them below.
1. Download the plugin from the link above, save to your Wordpress plugins folder, unzip.
2. Activate the plugin.
3. The plugin has its own page under the Wordpress “Settings” menu. Load the settings page for the plugin, and you will be greeted with an unfriendly screen similar to this:
4. Click on the link, and you will be taken to a Google page which looks something like this:
5. Click “Grant access”, and you should be taken back to the Settings page for the plugin, which now has many more options:
6. Select which Analytics profiles you want to use, and click “Save options”. You can also set starting date, and widget title and content.
7. Select Appearance->Widgets from the Wordpress menu, and make sure the widget shows up in the spot you want on the side bar.
8. Done! The widget should look something like this:
- There appear to be some issues if you have previously linked your domain to any Google API. See here, or here.
- The plugin only supports one of the three authentication methods provided by Google. This is enough for my needs, if there is enough demand I might add the others.
- The Google Analytics API limitations (100 API calls per 10 seconds, etc.) are currently ignored.